Monday, November 28, 2022

More Jesus

 For a calm Christmas I choose to invite more of Jesus into my daily life and expand my Christmas story of faith.

Do you know the Hebrew word hesed? There is no English equivalent. From Hebrew into English it can be translated as love, mercy, kindness, grace, but none of these words completely encompass hesed.

     "One translation expert examined all the occurrences of hesed in Genesis and concluded that its wide range of possible meanings made it necessary to focus carefully on the context before deciding whether the primary element of the Hebrew word “be that of mercy, faithful love, obligation under some contract or agreement, devotion, responsibility to help, tender love, sympathy, or whatever else it may be."

This December I want to search for relationships in the New Testament where hesed is displayed by Jesus and for another.

Eva Timothy Art


How was Jesus with:
His Heavenly Father
His earthly parents
John the Baptist
Nicodemus
Andrew (Matt: 4:18-20)
James and John  (Matt 4:21-22)
Rich Young Ruler (Matt, 19:16-30)
Peter
Thomas
Mary Magdalene
Martha
Mary
Lazarus 
John
The Woman at the Well

The list does go on and will surely be more than 25, one for each day, Dec.1-25. I marvel at this love and can't fully comprehend it. I worry that I can't merit it. But, that's about me and I need to turn my focus to Him and really consider his abilities, along with my Heavenly Parents. 

"Once you and I have made a covenant with God, our relationship with Him becomes much closer than before our covenant. Now we are bound together. Because of our covenant with God, He will never tire in His efforts to help us, and we will never exhaust His merciful patience with us. Each of us has a special place in God's heart. He has high hope's for us." 
President Russel M. Nelson, "The Everlasting Covenant", October Liahona



Click here to go back to the main page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?