Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Ollie


Today is a special day for a little girl in Germany. She is three years old today. As told by her father she is " a lot of fluffy yellow hair and an attitude." She loves Mickey Mouse and Tinker Bell. We have a relationship by phone and she knows it is me calling because I sing to her. Our standard is " Little Black Birds".
Three years ago was a scary time for her. She was born 10 weeks early. Weighing a little over 2 lbs., she was a whisper of a baby. I sat in the Neo-Natal Intensive Care room and watched her labored breathing. She could almost fit in my hand.

Here she is at 3-4 weeks when her siblings came for a visit. She went home from the hospital six weeks after her birth, still on oxygen. Due to her strong Mama, her resourceful Dad, and many skilled physicians and nurses she is a normal three year-old.

I have watched her grow on my few visits and find her delightful, willful but delightful.

She has 3 brothers and a sister who she loves to play with.
Her Dad is in the military and they are overseas. They are in my prayers daily.
Happy Birthday, Ollie!!

1 comment:

  1. She is adorable! And what an amazing story- thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?