Saturday, April 2, 2011

My First Piano Adventures 10

I am still working on the skills of recognizing the names of the white keys this week. Being at home on the keys makes note-reading much easier. As we bring their eyes up to the music and expect them to decode the music score they must know where they are on the keyboard.
J. who is learning to read notes in Book 2 of MFPA, picked up the new note D this week. D goes with Tucker Dog who plays alongside Treble Cat C. He really likes the MFPA Cd and tells me the songs he likes best. Tucker Dog in the bath is one that tickles his fancy. 
M. had her sneaky thumbs working this week for Birthday Train and Fishes in the Sea. She seems secure in knowing the names of keys on the keyboard. Notice how she counts her notes. Great job, M.
I took N. and D. into my office this week where I had my keyboard hooked to my computer. We played some games on musiclearningcommunity.com . There are some games which can be played with a midi keyboard. 
Inputing from a keyboard makes more sense than having the mouse in the way. I am always amazed how quickly these young children pick up instructions when we use a computer. I anticipate some good music coming from this group of students at the April recital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?