Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lazy Daze in Sun City

      In Phoenix City many very wealthy homes are blocks away from more modest neighborhoods. E. and I set out with the stroller to see the people of Palmcourt wake up. The gardeners were starting up their mowers and the housekeepers were arriving to start their weekly cleaning as we wandered through the streets. I picked out a little winter home that my husband and I could buy if someone waved a magic wand over us
.I imagine how nice it would be to wake up to the birds chirping and the warm sun coming through white, billowing curtains. In case the magic wand doesn't materialize
I have enjoyed coming to stay with the Teacher Dad son of mine.
Last night the wind came up and we had some showers. Teacher Dad got so excited. "This is so different than day after day of sun and no clouds." The earth smelled fresh and the rain sputtered on the tin porch roof.

Today E. and I sat outside and did some weeding. The flowers were lovely and needed to be freed from the choke of the grasses.
Teacher Dad, Teacher Mom, and E. made me feel loved and at home
 I shall return in the Fall.
Tomorrow I fly back to the cloudy with a chance of sun world I came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?