Monday, April 11, 2011

Three Trips For The Price of One

Most of us get three trips for the price of one. There is the trip you plan. the actual trip. and the trip you remember, which is often the best of the three.
In the planning trip I wanted to visit a store called Smeeks. The recommendation on the Internet looked so inviting. I had the idea that it was a vast store filled with novelty toys never seen anywhere else.
In the actual trip it ended up pretty small with a cute layout but only half as exciting.
My grandkids did like the toys and goodies for a whole 15 minutes. 
One surprise was the beautiful gardens I saw. There is a rose garden two blocks from Teacher Son which looks and smells incredible.
I can still smell them.
Each color smelled different.
We all wanted to touch.
The best part of remembering was playing with E. She has these great stuffed veggies and fruits. E. unpacked them and I put them back in their baskets, differently each time.
I can still feel E's softness and see her sunny face.
Don't grow up without me. The remembering trip is such an important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?