Monday, January 8, 2018

Inviting Back and Letting Go

"Umkehr ist der schnellste Weg voran."
C.S Lewis

My translation; Coming back or returning is the fastest way forward.





Each month I will be choosing a new way to invite my word of 2018 into my life. This January I wish to invite back a practice I did last January. My diet needs a reset so I'm letting go of sugar, bread, and dairy. Today is day eight and I must say yesterday and this morning have been the hardest. I felt light headed and lacking energy and I can't help thinking it may be my body letting go of the hold sugar has on my physical and mental well being.
The foods I am eating are whole, unprocessed, and plentiful, so I'm not hungry.
Last year I found after two weeks I didn't want sweets. As in many good things I invite into my life, time dulls the positive consequences and I need Umkehr. 


Click here to see a table of contents of this year's process.



And, I thank-you for reading some of my mystery novel. It is the story of a piano teacher found dead and a valuable Liszt autograph manuscript gone missing.
Click here for chapters



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?