Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Connection: A Gift of Imperfection

 
   I feel the strongest pull from the universe is connection. The Heavenly Father, in which I put my faith, sent us to earth with the intent of connecting to Him and to our other fellow human beings.
    " I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen and valued; when they can give and receive without judgement; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship." Brene Brown


 
      I like that definition. During this season of the year, I want to be better at making connections and rekindling those that have lost their energy. Part of the rekindling process is thinking back on the many lovely people in my life who have respected my desire to be closer. I wish to say thank-you for seeing me and having an interest in me, despite my imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?