Thursday, January 8, 2015

Definition of Ribbistrate




What does ribbistrate mean? Since this is a word made up by someone I don't know I give myself permission to make up the roots of the word. 
Rí-bíss-trãte
Combining the word ribbies which is baseball slang for a batted in run and 
monstare which means to show
we get the meaning, to show what it feels like when you score. It is  unparalleled joy. It can be for yourself or seeing the achievement of someone else.



The reason why I picked this word to be a guiding light throughout 2015 is that intrigues me. There are, of course, the physical manifestations of the word which are fun to photograph but I am intrigued with the idea of exploring how I might ribbistrate emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. The word means more to me then excitement or joyful which could be synonyms. The feeling of what it means to score has some further pondering. For now, I'm enjoying catching photos of my grandchildren ribbistrating on the trampoline. All of them have faces full of happiness when they jump as high as they can. Yes, I will be attempting the same jump. Stay tune.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love your word and your thinking!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?