Monday, November 13, 2017

Nurturing Monday- Loving Writing

The treasure I've discovered is a deeper love for writing.

Almost two weeks ago I made a quick decision to join National Novel Writing Month. A novel is a huge jump in my usual writing pursuits. I write for my blog but to try to write 50,000 words in one month is mind blowing. 
Fortunately, I have this One Little Word that is guiding me this year. The word is 'nurture'. Why not nurture this skill and jump in the deep?





When I reached 10,000 words, NaNoWriMo sent me an e-mail. You see, I log my words everyday on their internet site. The statement that somewhere in my words I've discovered treasure rang true. The treasure is the power of nurturing my intentions and following through. Even if my novel stinks, I will be pleased with the process of getting up each morning to write more about my own little world. 
    The main characters in my novel are two detectives who investigate the death of a piano teacher. Oh, you want to know more. Okay, just a peek.............Click here for a preview.








To go to the overview of My Year of Nurturing click  here.

2 comments:

  1. 10000 words is impressive- well done! And I'm so glad you're enjoying it too.
    I've nominated you for a blogger award. Details are in my latest post if you want to take part, but absolutely no pressure- I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank-you Lesley. I am so happy we have stayed in touch since that writing class on FMF. I'll happily pass on the blogger love soon.

      Delete

What do you think?