Friday, November 3, 2017

Need

      What do I need at this stage of my life?


I don't need fame, I don't need to change the world, I don't need to be popular, and I don't need influence. 
I do need connection.
I can deal with aging, less physical prowess if I have people I love around me and if I have a rich inner life.
By inner life I mean positive thoughts.
These would come from God, from good books, from music, and from telling stories.


I should mention that I need to help others and let them help me. I was assuming you might see that in the word connection but I don't want to leave out that very important aspect of service. Service revolves around my family, my students, my friends and my community.
  Oh, and before I forget, I need to just accept some things the way they are, period.






 I have been writing with the Five Minute Friday group for more than three years and I really enjoy the talented writers who share themselves each week.   

5 comments:

  1. I might need to spray paint my fence today.

    Beautifully said!

    Joining from FMF from stacyvoss.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts here! God, connection, music, good books, telling stories... all of this sounds perfect! Accepting things as they are- not so easy but definitely important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we've discovered what real need is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connection is really important for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, to simply accept some things as they are. There are things that I can towards change and even influence....and there is much that I cannot. Your neighbor this week at FMF....have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?