Friday, July 20, 2018

Way

         "I am the way, the truth, and the life."


There are really just two ways. What, I cry? Really? According to scripture there is God's way and there is Satan's way. I certainly don't want to think I follow Satan's way. I am too aware to be caught in that trap. But I also don't feel I can claim that I always follow God's way. That would lack humility. Right? 



So, I think there might be a third way. My way. Whoops, that sounds pretentious. But, pretentious or not that is a mind set I often adopt. Is it a lie? Hmmm......I think it is. But, think of that famous song "I Did It My Way". Or the poem that says, "I am the master of my fate, the captain of my soul". The soundtrack for these sentiments are so compelling.

 Really isn't my way just another branch of Satan's way?
   Well, this was a sobering 'think' this morning. I hope I didn't set you off. Have a happy weekend!



*********************************************************


I've started writing a sequel to my novel Rubato I invite you to take a look. 


A Musical Murder Mystery

A young teenage boy enraptured with the music of Erik Satie and transfixed with the idea of walking on wire.





2 comments:

  1. Thought-provoking post! I think although we make a decision at some point to go God's way it's also a moment by moment choice to keep on walking in that way and not veer off course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I would like to think I'm always following God's way but most of the time (at least these days) I tend to follow my one. I'm in the #6 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?