Sunday, November 3, 2019

How To Increase Willpower

             I have two answers to the question.

If it is true that you have limited willpower through the day, and I believe it is, is there something that can strengthen willpower?
I received the answer from two sources but I haven't proven them to be true.




  1. Meditation- I meditate sporadically and sometimes everyday. What it offers me is a place inside my head called home base. Home base is a quiet place where I neither censure my thoughts nor let them go wild. My thoughts are not me. In home base I accept them and and while I watch them cavort around sometimes they recede into a spacious place where I feel my Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother. Of course, in home base I would feel their presence. The question is does meditation give me willpower outside of home base?
  2. Gratitude- Counting your blessings does offer real perspective. It is harder to feel anxious and deprived when the blessings of life are conscious. Will I maintain my willpower if I count them more often?
I am experimenting the month of November. Can more meditation and counting my blessings extend my will power to honor my body and feed my soul?

1 comment:

  1. I think you’re on to something. I say yes. Gratitude and a spacious mindfulness for the win.
    Stephanie aka tendrheart4

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?