Friday, November 15, 2019

Unknown



People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.


Thich Nhat Hanh


I have a medical diagnostic test coming up in a few days, one which I want because I want to know what is unknown at this time. The information could be a slight inconvenience or it could change the course of the next year.

I am afraid of the unknown. I spin stories with different plot lines around in my head everyday. That is taking a toll on my sense of peace. This spinning of stories is a familiar suffering. 



The Holy Spirit assures that things will be fine. A recent blessing gave me strength to endure the tests and trust the outcome. Really I could be grateful for the not knowing while I have it. There is no action to be taken. It is a period of being settled. I could live deeply right now. I could go to the gym and work up a sweat with the joy of being in a body that seems to to healthy, right now.
The unknown will reveal itself and then a plan will be hatched.
But it will also include going to the gym and working up a sweat and enjoying a body that can work up enough heat to get rid of some toxins whether they be life threatening or not.

LIVE ALL IN 


I'm writing a series on a preparing a calm Christmas. Click here to see.


I'm also exploring the notion that you can increase your will power. Click here.



3 comments:

  1. This "This spinning of stories is a familiar suffering. " is so, so true! Our contemplations are often our (my) worst enemy. And I never thought of comfort in a time of waiting, that we are free from the known and therefor... well... free. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It's given me some of my own to ponder this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People here don't understand
    that suffering doesn't bother me.
    They think I'm posing, or I'm mad,
    and their error fuels their pity.
    Sure, cancer is a fever-dream,
    and my body doth implode,
    but giving despair free rein don't seem
    to be a way to run a railroad.
    Perhaps I shouldn't offer humour
    or make quite so many jokes,
    because they might give rise the rumour
    of one too many tokes.
    And the irony is that I don't wanna
    have anything to do with marijuana.

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2019/11/your-dying-spouse-697-losses-fmf.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that you know peace in the unknown, Gabriele, and as you undergo these tests to find out. I know that is often an unsettling place to be.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?