Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The Five Stories Of Christmas

We all experience Christmas differently but there are five general stories that everyone seems to be able to talk about.

 I have a beautiful book to guide me through this time of celebration.




Faith- maybe your faith is in Jesus Christ and the Christmas story is all about Him. Or, maybe your faith is in the recurring cycle of nature and Christmas is a season when you observe the light and darkness, feeling a celebration for the time measured by length of days.

Magic- for many of us Christmas has a element of magic. I look forward to surprises and decorating  my surroundings with extra sparkle. But, what if you want to create magic and just can't afford or have the time?

Connection- celebrating with others is something I look forward to. But, let's consider the rifts in communication that most families have. Or, the differences in faith? How can we connect in a supportive way? 

Abundance- Has anyone ever felt that the holidays break the bank? Is the sense of abundance always tied to things and a vast variety of things?


Heritage- do you have different Christmas traditions than your husband? Do you feel that the holidays can't be right if there isn't a certain tradition honored which may be inherited from your family?


Today I asked many questions and I don't have the answers but as I go through Calm Christmas by Beth Kempton I'm sure I will have a better understanding of these five stories and be able to discuss them with you.
The book is available on Amazon





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?