Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Morning Lines #18- Elevate the Everyday

  The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life and elevating them to an art." -William Morris




    Some mornings there is a riot of sound and color right out my front door. I was party to a bitter feud between a Robin and this Black-Headed Grosbeak. The Robin pinned the Grosbeak on my porch and there he sat on my bicycle handle bars for one-half hour while the Robin screeched at him. He tried to get away only to be cornered again.



      I quietly withdrew inside to hide from the sound and on my way in marveled at the color on the lily,



               the Fuchsia bush,



      and the hydrangea bush, which was once a super-market plant and is now 9 feet tall.




   Some morning nature is on over-load…………………...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?