Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Technology in Seminary

  When I started teaching Seminary eight years ago I taught in the Relief Society Room and our technology resources were a video player, overhead projector, and chalkboards. I made due, in fact, I thought I was very resourceful. My students made groaning noises about the old technology but I told them to see the message, not the messenger. What I didn't understand was how attractive the messengers would be in the coming years.


   The church is not behind in the use of technology. They are embracing the ways we communicate and share. I have a couple of i-pads, an i-Phone, and a laptop in my seminary class and they are not all mine. Here are some things we will use them for this year.


   The Bible videos on LDS.org will be a welcome resource. They are available with apps on every device.


    The scripture mastery app on smart phone or I-pad will be a way to chase and learn our mastery scriptures.


                               General Conference talks will be accessed and segments watched.
   So does all of this detract from the real reason for seminary? It could, but, used correctly it is a readiness tool and an example of how to seek after all good things. Laying hold on good things has never been easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?