Friday, August 17, 2012

Sunrise On The Pilgramage

   How can you leave home when home is a vacation destination? Nevertheless, we left at sunrise.


Trip Notes-
  The Taylor Bridge forest fire leaves Ellenburg's in a dense smog. The smell of smoke wafts into the car. The Washington desert reminds me of the years of living in Utah, sagebrush, low brown hills on the horizon, and the low, slung telephone lines, breaking up the landscape.
  Going over the Blue Ridge Mountains always brings back memories of previous trips, sometimes in winter. Today the contrast between yellowed-red and green is everywhere. The yellowed-red is the side of the hills, parched and the green is the pine trees, growing in rows.

  The irrigated fields and mountains indicate we are almost to our first stop, Idaho.


2 comments:

  1. I don't believe we have on vacation in years...I just love being at home. I love where we live and I especially love our home..it is just how it is...although many times our daughter wishes otherwise. Love the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss taking a real vacation but we do day trips, which I love and have also blogged about recently. I can smell that smoke you tell about ...

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?