Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Day 15- The Word

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
John 1:1

  John uses the words of Genesis to start his Gospel. I believe he wants us to understand that there was a preexistent life, a life before this mortal world. John seems to be defining "the Word" first as gospel, "God's story or good news". Then in the second phrase "the Word" becomes a title, or name, of Jesus. Why is the Word, or gospel synonymous with Jesus Christ? He is the messenger of God's story or good news and he is also the executor of the gospel. Without his atonement and crucifixion there would be no reconciliation with God. In that second phrase "the Word was with God" Jesus Christ is placed side by side with Heavenly Father. They are two separate beings. This supports the third phrase; the Word or Jesus Christ was of God, his Son. 





  I have a firm conviction that there is a God, who I recognize as my Heavenly Father and who is a Father to my spirit. I pray to him and I desire to come back into his presence. I believe in Jesus Christ, who was His Only Begotten Son, who is my Savior and it is through Him that I have access to my Heavenly Father. He is the Word. And the words on the page that testify of him are like honey to my soul.


"In the beginning was the gospel preached through the Son. And the gospel was the word, and the word was with the Son, and the Son was with God, and the Son was of God."

                         Joseph Smith Translation







For I Am Called By Thy Name

Thy words were found 
And I did eat them.
And thy words were unto me the joy and rejoicing of my soul.


I am called by thy name
Oh Lord, God of Hosts.
Jeremiah 15:16



Here are twenty-four names of Christ and twenty-four days until Christmas. Check back here to find the contents page of this series

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?