Monday, December 7, 2020

Day 7- The True Vine

                                         Names of Christ-The True Vine

 Imagine walking through a field of pumpkins at harvest time. There are vines everywhere and branches running higgily, piggily around the orange orbs. Where is the branch connected to the roots?  How can you know which pumpkin is still connected to the source?




   "I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away; and every branch that beareth, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit."

John 15:1-5


We are the branches, Jesus Christ is the True Vine and our Heavenly Father the source. During an average day can we abide in him?  Can we stay fully connected to the branch that has deep roots? Or do we lay exposed like harvest pumpkins on the field having become severed at the stem?  

   "Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 
   I am the vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.


             

There are twenty-four names of Christ and twenty-four days until Christmas. Check back here to find the contents page of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?