Saturday, December 5, 2020

Day 5- The Light Of The World

        Names of Christ- The Light Of The World
At this time of year, when we hang twinkling lights, outside and inside, light is a comfort to us all. Light shows us the way. It makes the mysterious shadows more visible. It warms and cheers. We crave it in the winter and revel in it when summer comes. It is the perfect metaphor for Christ.



" Then spake Jesus again unto them saying, I am the light of the world; he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
John 8:12

His light is in very man, woman, and child. It is enlightenment, knowledge, and an uplifting, enabling, persevering influence that comes upon mankind because of Jesus Christ.
The Light of Christ fills the "immensity of space" and is the means by which Christ is able to be "in all things, and is through all things, and is round all things."
He has power to give light to the blind, both physically and spiritually. When healing the blind man he announced;

"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."
John 9:5




I have felt his light. Why, even as I made the decision to write about Him everyday, I felt light in my soul. Right now I am sitting in the dark of my living room with only the light from my laptop. His words are my light. Knowing him better 
brings me joy.



                    

There are twenty-four names of Christ and twenty-four days until Christmas. Check back here to find the contents page of this series.



1 comment:

  1. Great reflections here. This is one of my favourite names of Christ and the Christmas lights are a great reminder.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?