Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Day 16- Alpha and Omega

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."
Revelations 21:6

    The Greek alphabet starts with the letter Alpha and ends with Omega. Jesus Christ is given this title to denote the eternal and all encompassing nature of his existence. He isn't and never was Plan B. He was not sent because Adam and Eve messed up. He was in the preexistent life with us and his mission was set forth. Because he chose to take upon himself all of our sins, agency to choose was claimed by all. We only are free to choose everlasting life because He made it possible by paying justice it's due. His atonement was set in motion before the world was and is eternal.







Knowing that He is eternal builds confidence in me that he can actually save and exalt me. I know it shouldn't be about me, but having faith in Him is not quite the same as having faith that he can deliver, redeem me, and bring me back into the presence of my Heavenly Father. I am totally reliant on his Godly characteristics to bring about this Plan of Salvation 




You Raise Me Up

                                                  When I am down and oh my soul so weary,
When troubles come and my heart burdened be.
Then I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit a while with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains,
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders,
You raise me up, to more than I can be.
                                                      You raise me up, to more than I can be.

Songwriters: BRENDAN GRAHAM, ROLF LOVLAND, RENE OOSTHUIZEN


"Listen to the voice of the Lord your God, even Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, whose course is one eternal round, the same today as yesterday, and forever."
Doctrine and Covenants 35:1



Here are twenty-four names of Christ and twenty-four days until Christmas. Check back here to find the contents page of this series

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?