Sunday, December 13, 2020

Day 13- My Savior

"Fore therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe."
                                                   1 Timothy 4:10


   
By Annie Henrie Nader
     

 Last year at this time I had an experience that showed me my need for the Savior, which is not a new discovery. I was driving through a neighborhood with many flashing red lights which indicate a four way stop. My mind was wandering. I stopped to let the driver on my right proceed through and then I started into the intersection. Suddenly a car on my left slammed on her brakes. and in a second I realized that the flashing red light was not flashing. I proceeded through in a daze. It took me some minutes to process what had happened. I ran a red light and almost caused an accident. I pulled into a parking lot and had a feeling that someone was following me. I got out of the car and walked over to the store, my mind spinning with what could have been. Dismay engulfed me as I realized what a danger I had been to other drivers. Shame flooded my body. What if my unintended actions had hurt someone. Looking down that road of possibilities I saw that I would not be able to undo that mistake, no way to fix it or make it right.
   When I came out of the store, I noticed a piece of paper under my windshield. I knew who left it. How I know I cannot say but I knew someone had seen the incident and had followed me to leave a message. I couldn't read it. I left it there under my wipers, on the windshield as I drove on to my destination. I was certainly going to be chastised. There might be threats to report my behavior to the police. When I was under control I opened the note.


       "I watched you run a red light. A woman had to brake suddenly to avoid being hit by you. She had a child in the car. Please be careful. Stay safe."

     Life can wage consequences that blindside us. Some consequences come because we willingly break His commandments. Some come because we are careless, thoughtless, or victims to circumstance. He saves us and carries the guilt for all of these when we humble ourselves and  turn to him. He sees all, he knows all, and asks us to be careful and stay safely within his protecting arms.



             



Here are twenty-four names of Christ and twenty-four days until Christmas. Check back here to find the contents page of this series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?