Monday, December 19, 2016

Day 19- The Bright And Morning Star

"I, Jesus, have sent mine angel to testify unto you those things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."
Revelations 2:16


  In the Summer and late Fall I look out my window towards the east. In the early, dark, morning sky I see Venus shining brightly. It is comforting. Venus has been my morning friend for a long time. He reminds me of regularity. He reminds me that I am small but that I matter. 

"We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth unto a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts."
2 Peter 1:19

The metaphor of Jesus being a morning star also has comforting messages. I can wake up to his light. He will always be there just like Venus in the east. I can use Him as a template to keep me going in the right direction, home.  


              



Here are twenty-four names of Christ and twenty-four days until Christmas. Check back here to find the contents page of this series

1 comment:

  1. BusyB, you won the copy of Bella Grace I'm giving away! Could you please email me (see my blog under About - Contact me here) and let me know your address?

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?