Saturday, December 19, 2020

Day 19- The Bright And Morning Star

"I, Jesus, have sent mine angel to testify unto you those things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."
Revelations 2:16



  In the Summer and late Fall I look out my window towards the east. In the early, dark, morning sky I see Venus shining brightly. It is comforting. Venus has been my morning friend for a long time. He reminds me of regularity. He reminds me that I am small but that I matter. 

"We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth unto a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts."
2 Peter 1:19

Monday, December 21, 2020, Jupiter and Saturn will align in the night sky in an event astronomers call the "great conjunction", or Christmas Star- marking the planets closest encounter in 400 years. I will be seeking this phenomena just like the Wise Men sought out the star which was talked about in scripture. Jesus will always be there just like Venus in the east. I can use Him as a template to keep me going in the right direction, home.  




              



Here are twenty-four names of Christ and twenty-four days until Christmas. Check back here to find the contents page of this series

1 comment:

  1. BusyB, you won the copy of Bella Grace I'm giving away! Could you please email me (see my blog under About - Contact me here) and let me know your address?

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?