Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Day 22- The Great Jehovah

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
   Then say the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
   Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was I am."
                                       John 8:56-58

    
   Christ is the Jehovah of the Old Testament and the above scripture indicates that he remembered his covenants and promises made to The House of Israel. His mission as the Savior of the World was in every Old Testament story. Every Old Testament prophet is a type and shadow of Him. The mighty Jehovah condescended from his throne to become a little child in a humble stable.


"His eyes were as a flame; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:
   I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father. 
   Behold your sins are forgiven you."
                       Doctrine and Covenants 11
                 
                How how I rejoiced when I heard
                           those sweet words!


                



Here are twenty-four names of Christ and twenty-four days until Christmas. Check back here to find the contents page of this series


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?