Monday, October 10, 2022

Shall We Get Married?

                                                                           Thought

  I think we are just friends,

Friends share their deepest ideas.

  I begin to see through his lens.

Who do I dream about? He is.


 Shall we marry

Just because our hopes are one?

  Is there another heart I carry,

Anyone else to whom I run?

So, I was dating my friend Mark's roommate. But, his roommate was dating me on the rebound after a break-up with his fiancée. I confided in Mark about my doubts concerning that relationship. He was kind and understanding and we talked about everything together. Our talks about God, faith, and repentance were most helpful to me. I was learning to trust him with my deepest thoughts.


We happened to walk through the Fine Arts Center on campus one lovely late afternoon and stopped to see a sculpture exhibit by Trevor Southey. I was considering his work entitled "My Brother's Keeper",  looking at the two figure's entwined in mutual support.

I had a flash of insight.


I couldn't look at Mark as we walked back to my apartment in silence. I knew, and I knew he knew that 
we were eventually going to get married. It took weeks to talk about that revelation.




Click here to go back to 31 Days In October index.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?