Thursday, May 30, 2013

I Can See What You Value

I was looking at a home in Australia online admiring their large kitchen table when the floor to ceiling bookcases caught my eye. The thought came past my mind that I could see what this family valued. Ironically my eyes lifted to the view in my own kitchen. I saw what we valued, as well.


    In every room we have floor to ceiling bookcases to house the hundreds of books we love and read.

 
        Is it time to purge? Which decade should be the first to get pruned? I remember my friend Fran, who passed away from breast cancer, who had a library to meet any need. I would visit and lose myself in her volumes of history, religion, and humor. She couldn't thin her thick tomes and I so understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?