Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Six Habits To Happiness- Nourish

   This habit is sneaking in under false pretenses. It is not yet a habit, but I really feel happy when I adhere to the scope of this "want to be" habit. In a nutshell, this habit is the continuous nourishing of my body with the best foods and beverages for optimal health. Eat to live, not live to eat, which has been my habit in the last 50 years.
 

    To gather into my home, my refrigerator, and my meals the most nourishing of foods is a spiritual pursuit for me. The temporal side of my character is tempted by sugars, fats, and starches. Truly, I am addicted to the calming influence of food, so my attempts to nourish or perish must be supported with spiritual strength.


The abundance of good food around me is so rare on this planet and I try to be ever more grateful for the variety by making fruits and vegetables my staples


Lately, my thoughts are geared to finding the dishes to add to my major vegetables, unlike the past where I planned the side dishes to augment my cut of meat. Starting tomorrow my daughter and I will share a farm subscription. Each week we will receive a variety  of the week's farm harvest. I look forward to seeing what the farm provides. In our little community we host many young farmers who come here to intern on sustainable farms. The farming crosses all ages here and there is a strong awareness of nutritious foods. I am in the best of all situations to eat healthfully but the habit is still weak and each day I make the decision again to nourish well, the body I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?