Thursday, May 16, 2013

Drawing on Revelations



Since the Book of Revelations is largely a book of symbolism I like to do illustrating when we study it in seminary. The last pages in our journal will be set aside for the daily drawing on Revelations. I read scriptures blocks while they are drawing and the discussions seem quieter and more intent.


   There is something meditative about drawing. It doesn't really matter how good we are. it matters that we are putting visual life to the verses.

   
                    Sometimes our drawings are scary but the future has some jaw dropping prophecies.


   In contrast to the sobering predictions of apocalypse there are beautiful descriptions of the Savior and the ultimate victory of righteousness.


                         I love it when I hear one of my students say, 'Wow, listen to this cool scripture."

 
   I am comforted that the last weeks of seminary will be remembered as days of sitting around the table, drawing pictures of the glorious future.

3 comments:

  1. I wished I had seen this last year when we were in Revelations! You're a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you get those great seminary journals?

    edenmayfield@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These journals are made by Shannon at The Red Headed Hostess. Here is the link.
      https://www.theredheadedhostess.com/teach/seminary-teach/book-of-mormon-seminary-journal/

      Delete

What do you think?