Monday, February 6, 2017

Nurturing Monday- What Is My Daily Practice?




  In the month of February I would like to nurture my practice. I have been doing these three things for months on a regular basis, but I would like to breathe more life into them, treasure them, and record the benefits of doing them.




 



   On Saturday morning I recorded an audio file of my own meditation for my daughter-in-law. Taking a few meditation courses and listening to months of  guided recordings helped me create something unique to my own experience. It took me many days to share it because I didn't want to feel presumptuous. She hasn't acknowledged receiving it but I sent it out and that was my part. I will let it go in peace whether she uses it or not. 
    All three of my practices have revitalized my life. Meditation has helped me capture a more stable mind, yoga has kept my arthritic knees from becoming frozen, and scripture study has made me more bold before God. This should be a rich and insightful month.







To go to the overview of My Year of Nurturing click here.

2 comments:

  1. I keep feeling the need to return to yoga, even if the safe days with a handful of people in an old noisy racquetball court at the old rec center that's since been torn down are long gone. I guess I need to find a new practice. Enjoy your month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you, Yoga is wonderful but easy to put off.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?