Friday, May 25, 2018

Pause

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed. 
Albert Einstein


I was traveling home with a friend after a stressful medical test. My body was relaxing and I looked out of the car. Alongside the road orange poppies waved in clusters. It took my breath away and I suggested to my friend that we pause and park.


Who planted these? Thank you!



Consider the poppies of the field. How they grow, how they grow willingly along railroad tracks, sidewalks, and roads. 



There is always time to pause and appreciate how a seed produces it's measure of creation. It is within it's DNA to become a thing of delight. It doesn't toil or earn, it just blooms.





******************************************************************************
There is still time to read my novel about a pianist and teacher who finds a Liszt autograph manuscript and ends up dead. Who killed her to get the treasure? The mysterious student who comes from out of town to study with her? The colleague from Hungary who wants the manuscript more than anything? 


My novel Rubato

A story of a woman's longing for beauty and her struggle to keep the beautiful even when it didn't belong to her.






5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder to pause and enjoy nature. I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poppies are beautiful! Definitely worth the time to pause and take notice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! In all seasons, at all times, His beauty and fingerprints are there calling us to take notice! Thank you for being a faithful example...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabriele, I can't tell you how many times I want to ask someone to pull over or do it myself but I don't. I don't want to inconvenience another person never thinking they might want to stop too. Thanks for taking the time to pause and share it with us.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?