Friday, May 18, 2018

Secret

                     Sacred Not Secret

    Our modern world is revealing everything with social media these days. Yesterday I was at the doctor's office checking out a muscle injury and my daughter jokingly asked if I wanted to talk about what was happening on an Insta-story. Why would I want to share my anxiety with others over a health issue which may be nothing serious? 


  Some things just need to be private, secret, or hidden, from the glaring eyes of the world. There are also some events in life that are not secret, but sacred. As the media floods us with tidbits of the preparations for the Royal Wedding I think back onto that sacred day I was married. At the actual ceremony only my closest family members attended. Many sacred and spiritual words were uttered and shared. The party after was for more extended friends and family. The promises I made are still fresh in my mind. They guide my actions and decisions everyday. Holding them sacred creates a space within my soul for growth with my husband and children.



“The secret and the sacred are sisters. When the secret is not respected, the sacred vanishes. Consequently, reflection should not shine too severe or aggressive a light on the world of the soul.” 







************************************************************************************************


My novel Rubato

A story of a woman's longing for beauty and her struggle to keep the beautiful even when it didn't belong to her.









4 comments:

  1. The secret and the sacred are sisters. Oh I do love that. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s hard for me to understand why so much is shared with everyone these days. Less and less feels sacred. Thank you for the reminder that it’s important to remember those things that are! Cindy #fmf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, we need to be wise about what we share. Some things are better when they are kept between us and a few people that are close to us rather than being shared with the world.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?