Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Nutcracker- A Christmas Tradition



Every four years or so, I take some fellow girls to the Pacific Northwest Nutcracker Ballet. It started when my daughter was dancing and continued when I had a first grand-daughter and now when I have two old enough to enjoy this experience. Ballet is obviously not just for girls, but our girls activity is a special family event.


         It means something to be the older cousin and teaching a younger one what is going on and what to expect. To have their pretty aunt, the dancer, along is also most engaging.


I find something new and fulfilling, whether it is the music of Tchaikovsky, or the dancer, the sets or the countless children who participate, to think on and admire.


This year I was listening and watching for the Mozart Divertimento to be played during the Christmas Party scene. I missed that in years past. There is something special to see and hear live music. It is remarkable.



      We all respond so differently to this experience, depending on our age and mindset and it changes as time changes our lives.


My favorite will always be the snow scene with the snowflakes. I find the combination of the dance, music and scenery breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?