Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Savor The Hush

Savor the Hush


  Now it is finally over.

The last minute shopping,

 The run and fetch, like Rover,

Meal prep and endless chopping.


  No guests are expected,

No visits to make,

  Hopefully no one neglected,

Time to nurse the backache.


 Still, I am a little sad.

And I really don’t know why.

  Plans looked finished on the notepad,

But what does this emptiness signify?


 Perhaps I need to process,

What did I learn about those I love?

  Where did I extend myself to bless?

“You did well,” I hear from heaven above. 



I don't always listen to the positive messages from above. Why do I hear criticism better than praise? That little sadness after Christmas is not from above. Let me compare it to the paperwhite blossom in the kitchen. It struggled to grow, up, up, up, and then finally produced the most beautiful cluster of white. The downside of this blossom is it's strong scent. 
                                                         "It stinks! Throw it out!," I hear. 

I have a cold so my nose is plugged. I just see the glory of the bloom.

You did well, paperwhite. You reached the measure of your creation. You don't need to feel shame for what is also distinctly you. Smell is in the nose of the receiver. In the hush after Christmas you may not hear praises for your plentiful efforts but nonetheless, if your focus was placed on Him you can rest assured that you did well.

There are a few more ways to bring your calm Christmas to a peaceful end. Stay tuned.



                                        Click here to go back to the Calm Christmas main page.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?