Wow, only two more days after this. I am so happy that I picked reviewing Rising Strong as my 31 Day writing challenge. Writing ahead was one strategy I used in the first week of October but as I worked throughout the middle of October I found myself writing completely new posts. The concepts I embraced at the beginning of the month morphed into new and deeper understanding. Sometimes I would ask The Spirit if what I was seeing was right in the eternal perspective. Jumping on the band wagon with a self-help book author is not normal fair in my life. These books have been read and re-read for the last three years. Tomorrow I will describe how I found Brené Brown and one special experience with her.
" Our vision is that we can rise from our experiences of hurt and struggle in a way that allows us to live more wholehearted lives."
- coming to understand the emotional barriers I throw in front of myself to avoid pain
- writing "stormy first drafts" of stories I was curious about
- looking for truth and confabulations in the stories I recorded
- letting the key learnings settle on the delta between truth and errors in judgement
- rumbling with facts and fiction that haven't resolved
- hoping that I can have better endings to some broken-hearted stories
By now my family is tuned into words that sound like quotes from her book. They grimace when I analyze a situation using Brené vocabulary. But, they agree that she has offered us some understanding how to navigate through muddy water. Her writing does not replace the eternal truths I know from being a disciple of Christ, they provide understanding of how to fully open my heart his teachings.