Thursday, December 22, 2022

Eyes To See

I Can See

  I heard them talking about me.

Did I sin, or my parents sin,

  That I am blind and cannot see?

A man said there was no truth therein.

  He approached gently and touched my eyes

With what felt like mud or clay, 

 Then instructed that I arise

And to the pool Siloam make my way.


  Yes, I can see, how I do not know.

But he is surely not a deceiver,

  There is light that from Him flows

And I am a blessed receiver.



                       Artwork by Eva Timothy


This story in the book of John tackles an age old question. Do we suffer because we sin?
I understand the question to be a way to explain mortal life. If there is a reason then there is a way to avoid suffering, right? Wrong.

John 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 
Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.


"This blind man's suffering doesn't exist because of sin, but because if it, you have a chance to see God's miracles." Hank Smith


We are in a mortal sphere where there is decline and decay. But it is in this sphere that we can vividly see the miracles of Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother, of Jesus, the light of the world, and of angels that they send.


I have received of his light during times of severe stress. What comfort I feel to know that Jesus wanted me to see his hand in my life so that my suffering could be removed by his power. Christmas is calm because of His light.



 Click here to go back to the Calm Christmas main page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?