Wednesday, December 14, 2022

His Yoke Is Easy


                                                                                                             His Yoke

  Jesus invited us to take

His yoke upon our shoulders.

 It is the covenant we make 

That allows us to be beholders

  Of His burden, which is light.

Why is it light? Why is it easy?

  How could carrying our sins be slight?

His deep love makes the yoke breezy.


 

Art work by Eva Timothy


Matthew 11:28 “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

His yoke are the covenants which he is willing to make with us. Those covenants are a labour of love for Him as well as for our Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother. I believe he views them as easy and light because of the special love (Hesed) that he feels for anyone willing to enter in. In the artwork above notice where his right hand is resting. Can you feel the support and caring he offers?
The rest he offers has always been on my mind. That is why I wrote the song Into His Rest. If you missed the post containing the music video of Into His Rest, click here.

I can't think of any way to have a calmer Christmas than to rejoice in his yoke and feel him by my side.


Click here to go back to the main Calm Christmas page

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?