Sunday, December 11, 2022

Fearful

  Fearful

  Were they afraid because he walked on the sea?

   Were they afraid because he disappeared for a while?

   There are reasons for fear, some are weighty,

Whatever reason, fear is mighty trial.


  As soon as He is back in the boat

My anxious heart can relax and rest.

  Any place, no matter how remote,

When He is with me I am blessed.  



It is strange for me to write about fear under the subject of a calm Christmas. Maybe fear shouldn't show up at this time. However if I am to have more Jesus during these days I will reflect on those times in scripture when He offered comfort to those in fear. Here are some words he spoke in comfort.

"God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes." Rev. 7:17

"Fear not; for I have redeemed thee." Isaiah 43:1

"I will be with thee." Isaiah 43:2

"Fear not...in me your joy is full." Doctrine and Covenants 101:36

"I am he; yea, I am he that comforteth you." 2 Nephi 8:12

"And he did smile upon them again." 3 Nephi 19:30


The list could go on and on. I feel less fear reading and having faith on his words. 



                                       Click here to go back to the Calm Christmas main page.


3 comments:

  1. I identify with this, too. I want Him back in the boat, reassuringly present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comment by me, your dear friend, Julie.

      Delete
    2. Hey Julie! Yes, I would agree with you.

      Delete

What do you think?