Friday, December 9, 2022

Bread Of Life

Bread of Life

   My children are lounging around me.

How long have we been listening?

   His words of wisdom are weighty

And my heart is quickening.


  Someone passes me a basket,

Barley bread and remnants of fish,

  I give to my children who ask ‘It

Comes from Him?’, a fulfilled wish.


  This Passover will be remembered 

As the day we ate the bread of life.

  My thoughts of ‘how’, surrendered, 

Left only with less tension and strife.



It was during Passover week that Jesus fed the five thousand. Surely they were reading Torah or listening as someone read the words of Moses. 

I will bring you out,

I will deliver you,

I will redeem you,

You will be my people and I will be your God.


Did they recognize that this man provided manna in the wilderness? He brought forth water from a stone when they thirsted. This same Jesus was Jehovah in their scriptures. Of course he could feed them. He did so with loving-kindness, or hesed. 

And he can feed me at Christmas. He can turn my thoughts to more, instead of how little I have to give. He can show me the rest in living within his covenant arm. He is my calm Christmas.



                                                              Click here to go back to Calm Christmas main page.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?