Saturday, December 31, 2022

A Glimpse Of The New Year

Into 2023

  I’m staring into two thousand twenty-three,

It will be the year I turn seventy.

  Will it be a generous, happy year,

Or a year to deftly handle some fear?


  Here are some things of which there should be more,

  Things I’m earnestly hoping will be in store.

More Jesus,

More artwork to do,

More walking and talking to you.

More music with left hand and right

More seeking for His spiritual light.

More loving and listening,

More searching for moonlight glistening.

I hope I don’t seem too be grasping

But, for these things I’m humbly asking.



And, maybe there could be less:
concern over health issues for my husband and myself,
spending for nothing,
procrastination over doing what I love,
clutching onto the ease of youth,
fear of the dark or the unknown.

I feel very good about the 2022 Christmas Calm I created and appreciated. If you read along I thank you very much for your time. Happy New Year!!!


Click here to go back to the Calm Christmas main page.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?