Thursday, December 1, 2022

Hesed Between Father And Son

December One


Hesed, a covenantal action of love, is modeled to us by Heavenly Father for His Son. The outcome is oneness or atonement. 

John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

 When Jesus took his disciples into the Garden of Gethsemane he may have desired them to feel this oneness, this hesed which empowered him, illuminated him, and flowed from him. They were overcome with fatigue and could not stay conscious. The mortal that I am understands this. I have often been unconscious when important spiritual offerings came my way. Nevertheless, Heavenly Father desires us to be one with Him through His Son.
On this first day of December I start looking to Him to observe Him offering hesed to his Father's  children. 

One

  The love (hesed) that’s makes one,

Is a fastening of the heart,

  That keeps us from being undone.

Instead of apart it makes us a part

  Of the love affair God has with us.

Each one of us is desired,

  Not one of us is superfluous,

With his blood we are acquired

 But not forced, no, invited,

And with us he is delighted.

A calm Christmas is one where there is room for Him within.


Click here to go back to Calm Christmas main page 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?