Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Art Lesson Learned



Nothing Needs To Be Precious

This lesson came slowly as I first starting creating art pieces. My monetary investment demanded that I produce something of value, at least for myself. After making myself conscious of all my mistakes I heard a fellow artist say,"Nothing needs to be precious."
Paper can be recycled, a canvas can be painted over, paint can dry and be scraped into the trash. That knowledge made huge difference.


These three pieces were all trial and error, made in a sketch book. I used paper, paint, stencils, and ink. Each rendition makes me smile and remember that particular tea shop. The final product was gifted to a friend on a canvas because she loved meeting there impulsively. She passed away from brain cancer in April 2022 and I love remembering the pieces of art I made for her.
 




Go ahead and make something!


Click here to go back to 21 Days In My Art World main page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?