Sunday, January 8, 2023

Color Palette

 One begins by plaguing oneself to no purpose in order to be true to nature, and one concludes by working quietly from one's own palette alone, and then nature is the result.

Vincent Van Gogh



I often see my favorite color palette in nature. After that I try to tweak the colors to replicate them. It rarely works but I keep trying. 


    If I could add one thing to my knowledge base it would be skill at mixing colors. I am impatient with the process and feel resentful that I have to waste so much paint mixing in more light or dark. When my palette is full of swatches I almost lose enthusiasm to paint. Why can't I just squeeze it out of a tube?
   Listen to this sad complaining. Can you tell my conflicted motivation? I want to be better but I don't want to work at it. Too much information?




When I finally get a finished painting which feels good, all the doubt and complaints dissolve away. 

Show up everyday and do the work.


Click here to go back to 21 Days In My Art World main page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?