Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Where My Art Happens

 Made

A stitch from this hole to the next,

A yarn over to create a space,

A paint brush blending two objects

Each made by my own hand with grace.

There is a power in creating,

Starting with only a general idea,

And then magically waiting,

While stitch, yarn, or brush became a panacea.


This is my creative space. It is located upstairs in a bedroom where my children played and slept. It is an effort to go up and start the process so I've learned to go up first, clean my palette, and prepare my brushes. When I know the room is ready the resistance to starting a session wanes.


Sometimes I have small plants on my art desk which brings a little outside joy inside and inspires my color choices. 
Do we really need a space to create? Can't we just do it on the kitchen table?
The art space is so very important because it makes the place available any time. No cleaning off the objects from one world to make room for another world. Creating is entering another world and deserves space if at all possible.



I love peeking into other artist's spaces. Some years ago I spent a whole day in my friends art studio creating a reclaimed board book. Below are pictures of her studio. 





The children's board book I created during the hours there. And below a view of her studio entrance.





Happy Creating!!!!!


Click here to go back to 21 Days In My Art World.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that at a defined space makes the difference. Mine is small as well and is outgrowing it’s britches. I just performed a culling of old brushes and it felt great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Entered the above comment as anonymous by mistake :)

      Delete
    2. I have to do that, the culling of old tools, soon. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete

What do you think?