Saturday, January 7, 2023

Favorite Art Tool

 R&F sticks are oil paint in stick form, made from natural wax, linseed oil and pigment. I use these sparingly on my oil paintings to add dark or light color as a second layer or to add a dab of a surprise color in an unexpected place.

 
   I made an investment by buying Rosemary brushes from England to get more control of the paint. It did indeed make a difference from what I was using before. Those brushes also provided an opportunity to be more disciplined about cleaning my brushes. 

  I laugh at my husband when he claims he can't do a maintenance job in our home because he doesn't have the right tools, but in actuality he is right. Good painting tools add to development of better skill. 


Click here to go back to 21 Days In My Art World main page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?