Friday, January 20, 2023

From The Archives

 I started out in collage and acrylic paint. Taking paper images and placing them into a painted world was familiar to me. I think I made collages all through my life. In 2016 I went through a period of fascination with stained glass. A local artist sold beautiful pieces of gardens through the stained glass window. I tried it many ways. 


The difficulty was being exact with the designs of the window.With ruler in hand I carefully measures out dimensions. Some of my tries were wobbly and off center but I did end up with this one. I still like to hang it in the living room during the warmer seasons.


Here is another 2016 collage. This one reminds me to consider whether I'm committed to serve others with all my heart. A favorite scripture rests behind the hands. I think if this period of art making as a way to process thoughts and ideas. My goal was always to reconsider my truth and go deeper than my first surface ideas.


"The Hummingbird" was a really enjoyable collage to create. The pieces of paper were small and it required some patience to lay them side by side to get the right shading. I gifted this to the widow of a man who I admired. He was kind and gentle and a passionate birder. He died of Alzheimers and left this world unable to remember most of us. But, he remembered birds, their calls and their beauty.

                                             Click here to go back to the 21 Days In My Art World main page.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?