Friday, January 6, 2023

Art Book

Books about artists, about techniques in watercolor and oil, books documenting a body of work, I collect them and use them to help me over a art hump both physically and mentally.

The best one for inspiration is Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. I reread that one often. Right now the book Color by Betty Edwards is an important reference book. No Way Forward by Angela Johnson is the story of a self-taught sculptor who felt the call to do larger than life statues of the life of Jesus Christ. When I walked through her amazing out-door installation at Thanksgiving Point, Utah, my interest in her story was peaked. 




 I purchase books often after seeing the art in a show. That was my experience after seeing the huge canvases of Victoria Adams.  Where Sky Meets Earth is a book showing her large paintings which are very impactful in real life. She is local to my area so every once in a while her work will be at our arts center. There are other books, not pictured here, such as books about watercolor techniques and mixed media art. I do keep in mind that the library is and should be my first resource for books but I love my own little collection of inspiration. 


Click here to go back to the 21 Days In My Art World main page




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?