Thursday, January 5, 2023

Inspiration

Inspiration: A feeling of enthusiasm you get from someone or something that gives you new and creative ideas.

      There are artists who inspire me with their work and also inspire me to do my work. I am drawn to them as people because they exhibit the ability to translate ideas, especially spiritual ideas, onto a canvas. When I see their art I am drawn into the image. I breathe the air of the painting and feel transfixed and renewed; transfixed because I can't look away lest I lose the feeling and renewed because the image gives me strength and focus.

Let me introduce you to two artists who inspire me this way.

Jenedy Paige uses as her mission statement the words 'inspire and empower'. 


   That is exactly what she can do. I purchased her print entitled "Coming Full Circle" and lived with it on my living room wall. Each day I came to a better understanding where that circle starts, in our heart, how it expands, outward toward God and others, and where it ends, linking at the heart again. I didn't notice the  beauty of the model's face, the shadows in her dress, or the gold leaf circle at first because the message of the painting was paramount. 


 Jenedy never disappoints me with her mission, to inspire and empower. I have watched her paint in videos and marvel at her tenacity. I have started over a few times on my own work because I know she would not settle for less than her best.


            

The second artist who inspires me is Eva Timothy.


Here she appears in one of her own pictures. Her art is combining photography and computer generated images. To make her rich expansive statements she tells the most compelling stories.

What does this image evoke in your mind? It is entitled "Gifts From Above".


                        
                         


I just find my mind floating in so many directions when I see this painting. I see the glowing heavenly gifts floating down, I see one woman entirely enveloped by her gifts, another hungrily reaching for more.
This painting never gets old. There is always something more to see.

              

I hope you have been inspired a little bit with my sharing these two artists. I purchase their prints enthusiastically whenever I can and display them on a rotating basis in different places in my home.


Click here to go back to 21 Days In My Art World main page

3 comments:

  1. I am particularly inspired by Eva Koleva Timothy's paintings in her Awake My Soul Series. I am impressed by her use of Christian metaphore to express the deep spiritual hunger to know God more deeply. It makes me question what metaphore I might use to express my own spiritual journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good questions and I’d love to know more about your experience.

      Delete
    2. My experience: I have discovered that Jesus, or the all encompassing divine love. We called Jesus, is so much bigger than Christianity!

      Delete

What do you think?