Friday, January 13, 2023

Current Motifs Or Themes

Philocalist

  I am a lover, philo in Greek,

Of all luscious things beautiful,

  Kalos, in the language so to speak,

A new word to savor, most suitable 

 For those of us making words,

Pictures, and paintings to hover over

 After seeing, making records

Of charm, delight, pleasure leftover.



If I were to look at recurrent themes in my art work it would be the look of the change of seasons. The winter hush in snow and gray horizons, spring flowers and buds, summer bounty of fruits and vegetables, and the fall signs of decaying leaves and of course, pumpkins. I am always a season ahead so right now I'm thinking of peonies again. Last winter I wanted to paint 50 peonies pictures but I think I only made it to 33. Shall I continue? Here are three of my favorites.






I must confess that I look at many, many paintings every day online, in museums, anywhere, and they inspire me greatly. What I have seen influences my art but stealing images is something we do, as humans. Whatever we look at finds a corner in our mind. Those images rise up and place themselves along side other memory images and soon we have a collage of what we have seen with our eyes but now it is something more. It is a variation made of our own creativity. It becomes our own view of the world. 



                                                      Click here to go back to 21 Days in My Art World main page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?