Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Current Work In Progress (WIP)

The Poppies

My current work is a second rendering of "The Poppies". I was pleased with the field of flowers in the first painting but very displeased with the trees and foliage in the back. It just turned out thick and undefined, not trees at all but clumps of bushes. The more I worked on it, the more paint I layered and the oil took forever to dry.


This time I want less paint and more definition. I am a bit scared to do it again because I will be disappointed if it comes out the same. 
I have the grid on the canvas and a simple pencil sketch. 



I think I will mix a little more yellow into the poppy color and create a different value. I will also do more dark green for the distant trees to capture the the contrast with the rising sun. 

So, on with it......

                               
                                 Click here to go back to the 21 Days In My Art World main page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?