Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Smallest Painting

    My smallest paintings are 4 inch by 4 inch, painted on oil paper and then mounted on wood blocks or framed. I did eight of them, some birds, flowers, and some Christmas ornaments.  This size is perfect for a day painting, just enough room to put down color and enough room to add small details.



This peony bud painting is a favorite of mine because of the color. Peonies can be pink, red, yellow and white with many shades in between. I usually buy them in bud to get the longest time with them. The unfurling is really magical as each petal expands outward until it lifts it's edges away from the bud. 


To get a size reference, you can place 9 little paintings of the peony on the 12 inch by 12 inch pumpkin painting. It would be fun to do a patch work painting of 9 in a frame. Hmm....


I don't really have a preference because each painting has it's own wonder and limitations.


                                        Click here to go back to my 21 Days in My Art World main page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?